Quakertown, PA -Pedro Gimenez won his sixth singles match for the Pride's lone win in a 6-1 loss to Bucknell Saturday. The Pride fall to 1-2 on the season with the loss. Bucknell improves to 4-2.
Bucknell opened the contest by winning all three doubles matches. Kelly Morque and Evan Zimmer posted an 8-1 win over Ari Richman and Johan Vila at second doubles. Nick Bybel and Josh Katten won 8-2 over Adrien Bailly and Matthew Gemmell at first doubles. The third doubles match was the most hotly contested as Ryhaan Gill and Joseph Erichsen battled before dropping an 8-6 decision to Octavio Canibe and Aidan Lynch.
Bucknell won the first five singles matches as Bybel defeated Richman, 6-2, 6-1, at first singles and Morque downed Gemmell, 6-1, 6-1, at second singles.
Zimmer posted a 6-4, 6-4 win over Bailly at third singles before Katten clinched the match with a 6-4, 6-1 win over Vila. Canibe defeated Gill at fifth singles, 7-5, 6-1. Gimenez provided Hofstra's lone highlight with a 7-6, 6-4 win over Lynch to close out the match.
Bucknell 6, Hofstra 1
1. Nick Bybel/Josh Katten (BU) def. Adrien Bailly/Matthew Gemmell (H), 8-2
2. Kelly Morque/Evan Zimmer (BU) def. Ari Richman/Johan Vila (H), 8-1
3. Octavio Canibe/Aidan Lynch (BU) def. Ryhaan Gill/Joseph Erichsen (H), 8-6
1. Nick Bybel (BU) def. Ari Richman (H), 6-2, 6-1
2. Kelly Morque (BU) def. Matthew Gemmell (H), 6-1, 6-1
3. Evan Zimmer (BU) def. Adrien Bailly (H), 6-4, 6-4
4. Josh Katten (BU) def. Johan Vila (H), 6-4, 6-1
5. Octavio Canibe (BU) def. Ryhaan Gill (H), 7-5, 6-1
6. Pedro Gimenez (H) def. Aidan Lynch (BU), 7-6, 6-4
Order of finish. 2, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6